Online Admissions for 2017-18
Welcome to the admissions portal for St. Joseph’s School. Our admission application process will be available exclusively online for the upcoming academic year. Kindly read all the rules and regulations specified below in detail prior to applying for admission. Submission of the application form is deemed and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We have OPENED the admission process online. The online process will close on 31 March 2017. Admissions will be granted as applications are received to qualified candidates. We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Admission to Class XI will commence in the first week of June.
In order to complete the application form, you will need the following:
- Digital passport size photograph of the Child/ward – mandatory for all applicants
- Digital photograph of the parents and child – mandatory for all applicants
- Digital/scanned copy of Municipal Birth Certificate – mandatory for all applicants
- Proof of residence (any one of the following documents will be accepted) – mandatory for all applicants
- Father’s/Guardian’s Aadhar Card
- Mother’s/Guardian’s Aadhar Card
- Ration card of family
- Passport copy of either parent/guardian
- If applying for admission for Std. 2 – Std. 8, then following additional documents are mandatory
- Bonafide certificate from the school where the applicants is last studying
- Previous term exam results
- Caste certificate or school leaving certificate of Father – optional
- Medical certificate – as applicable
Kindly note the following rules and regulations for school and hostel.
- Applicants to Jr. KG (L.K.G.) have to be born between 1st Jan 2013 and 31st December 2013.
- Applicants to Sr. KG (H.K.G.) have to be born between 1st Jan 2012 and 31st December 2012.
- Applicants to Std.1 have to be born between 1st Jan 2011 and 31st December 2011.
- The medium of instruction is English. Gujarati is taught as 2nd language from Std. I & Hindi as Third Language from Std. III.
- Pupils will attend the school in full School Uniform as given below :
- Boys : L KG to IV: White Half Sleeves Shirt, Worsted Grey Shorts, School Tie, School Belt, Worsted Grey socks with White Stripes at the top and Black Leather Shoes. Winter : Prescribed Pullover (Sweater) & Worsted grey long pants.
- Boys : V – XII: White Full Sleeves Shirt, Worsted Grey Pants, School Tie, School Belt, Worsted Grey socks with White Stripes at the top and Black Leather Shoes. Winter : Prescribed Pullover (Sweater).
- Girls : L KG to VI: White Half Sleeves Shirt, Worsted Grey Pinafore with slacks, School Tie, School Belt, Worsted Grey socks with White Stripes at the top and Black Leather Bellies Shoes. Winter : Prescribed Pullover / Cardigan.
- Girls VII to XIIà Worsted Grey & White Salwar Kameez with White Dupatta, Worsted Grey socks with White Stripes at the top and Black Leather Bellies Shoes. Winter : Prescribed Pullover / Cardigan.
- At the time of Admission, the following fee should be paid : (Every Year the Fee may increase upto 10 % ). Admission Fee, Deposit & one Term’s Tuition & Term Fee for Day – Scholars.(& One Term’s Hostel Fee too for Boarders).
- Fee is strictly to be paid in the School’s Bank Account after confirmation of the Admission. Bank Paying Slip will be issued from the School Office. Copy of the counterfoil is to be submitted to the Office. Cheques & Demand Drafts may be drawn in favour of “Principal, St. Joseph’s School” & Submitted to the School Office.
- No Boarder is allowed to bring any food items & keep it with him in the hostel.
- No Student is allowed to bring Mobile Phones, expensive Jewellery, etc. to school. Though every care is taken, the school & the hostel authorities do not assume responsibility for the loss of the students’ articles or belongings. Parents are requested not to entrust costly articles with the children.
- Possession of Mobile Phone can lead to immediate suspension / dismissal from the school.
- No reduction in Fee is made for the absence of a pupil during broken periods whether the absence is with or without the permission of the Principal. Full Year’s Fee should be paid.
- Pupils, who in the opinion of the school authorities are habitually lazy or whose conduct is injurious to the moral tone of the school or incompatible with the discipline are liable to be asked to leave. In such cases, the Principal’s decision is Final.
- The Principal Reserves to himself the Right to Refuse Admission to any candidate without furnishing any reasons.
- No Student will be admitted on a Trial Basis.
- Admission is open to all, subject to age and academic standard, irrespective of caste or creed.
- Any damage done to School Property will be made good by the student concerned.
- Once, inside the compound, No student will be allowed to go out during the School hours without the written permission of the concerned Authorities.
- No Student will be allowed to return to the school unless his account for the previous term has been settled in
- Good behaviour on the part of the pupils and their co – operation with the school authorities are essential for the efficient running of the school.
- No Boarders will be allowed to leave the school premises with anyone except his Parent or Guardian. Senior Boarders may be allowed to leave the school premises for Vacations alone on the special request from the parent.
- A Medical Certificate to the effect that the boy is not suffering from any infectious disease or constitutional disorder and that he is fit for admission to a Residential School must be produced by the parent of every new candidate.
- The Academic Year is divided into two terms : 1st Term – June to November & 2nd Term – December to May.
- VACATIONS : Parents / Guardians will be informed of the closing date for the Vacation and the Date of re – opening after it.
- Mid-term Break (6 – 8 days) in August
- Diwali Vacation (15 – 20 Days) in October – November
- Christmas Break (10 days) in December
- Summer Vacation ( 50 – 60 Days) April – June
Admissions &Withdrawals :
- No Pupil shall be admitted to the school without a Birth Certificate issued by the concerned Government Office.
- Before withdrawal of a pupil from the school, a month’s notice must be given. Otherwise, a month’s fee will be charged.
In acceptance of the above rules and regulations that have Read & have been explained in English, Gujarati or Hindi, kindly click on the link below to apply.
Help & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
See links below to view instructions and guidance on how to fill out the application in different languages ( Application needs to be filled in English). To raise a question or view additional help, click on the link: Intelliadmissions Help Portal